Why Should I Use Salve?
A salve is a balm or an ointment used to soothe and soften dry skin, or used help with certain skin irritations or conditions, such as eczema, rashes, cuts, burns or scrapes. Depending on a certain salve’s ingredients, they can have a waxy, greasy, oily or silky texture. Salves should be applied topically and usually penetrate skin more deeply than a lotion or a cream.
Salves support skin health and protect skin from the elements in the wintertime when enjoying outdoor activities. And unlike lotions and creams, they don’t contain water, so they trap in moisture better.
How To Use Salves
Salves are traditionally sold in a wide top jar or tin, and applied to skin with clean, dry fingertips. To use, simply massage into your skin. They’re great for use on:
- Backs of hands
- Inside of the elbows
- Back of the knees
- Anywhere your dry skin needs a little extra attention
What makes Make Dew Vegan Salve Different?
Scentral Zone’s Mak Dew Vegan Salve is formulated with only natural ingredients and no preservatives, animal products (like beeswax) or synthetic fragrances. It boasts a clarifying fresh scent from eucalyptus, lavender, clary sage, cedarwood and frankincense essential oils.
Why you’ll love Make Dew:
- It’s made in small batches for quality and authenticity
- Offers a subtle yet refreshing aroma
- Contains all-natural ingredients
- Supports and protects skin
- May help alleviate eczema discomfort
- Is great for use on hands, cuticles, elbows, heels and other affected areas
- Is the perfect size for your purse, backpack, nightstand or desk